This course is intended for the RPG developer who is new to Valence, or the experienced Valence RPG developer who would like to explore the Valence RPG Toolkit in greater depth. You will learn how to use the various Valence RPG procedures to communicate with the front-end user interface as well as how to best structure RPG programs for the Valence design methodology. This course will help you significantly shorten your learning curve by leveraging the experience of the instructor to understand Valence RPG development best practices. Course is approximately half instruction and half lab work.
Please bring your own laptop (Mac or PC) with you to class.
- Understand the various modules of the Valence RPG service program
- Discover how to properly use the various input, output and utility procedures
- Learn how to debug your Valence RPG programs
- Become familiar with best practices for Valence RPG development
- Learn how to test your Valence RPG programs without the need for the front-end
- Gain hands-on development experience by writing example programs
No Valence training course prerequisites are required and no prior experience with web development is assumed. Attendees must be experienced with RPG. Knowledge of freeformat RPG and procedures is helpful, but not required.
This course is designed for licensed Valence developers only.
|Price||$1,500 per attendee|
CNX Training Center