Use Nitro Query or AutoCode
- Fast and easy–be successful with Valence quickly.
- Intuitive designer works from the browser.
- No programming required.
- Easiest to upgrade to new Valence versions.
- Consistent look and feel.
- May not be ideal for large scale apps.
- Not every type of component available.
Use Sencha Architect for UI and RPG for server-side
- Visual canvas for designing the app user interface
- Most Ext JS components available to use
- Minimal effort required to upgrade to new releases
- Less manual coding required
- Need to install to PC or Mac
- Some manual coding required
- Latest versions always lag behind new Ext JS features
- Can be cumbersome to use with larger apps or advance app structures
Pure ExtJS development for UI with RPG for server-side
- Ability to use all Ext JS components and features
- Allows for use of advanced app structure
- Access to Valence packages
- Easily override, extend and reuse components
- Best option for multi-developer environment
- Highest learning curve
- Needs manual coding which can be slow for inexperienced developers
CNX Development Services. Utilizing Valence, our custom framework for IBM i, our developers will design and build your applications, including both the front-end interfaces and back-end RPG programs. We will provide you with a wealth of source code, tips and techniques for building additional apps on your own.